recommended this story.
Seton Central Outpatient Pharmacy (SCOP) located at University Medical Center Brackenridge replaces the patient-only outpatient pharmacies at UMCB and Dell Children’s Medical Center, effective Monday, July 30, 2012.
NOTE: The Dell Children’s outpatient pharmacy closed at 6 p.m., Friday, July 27, 2012.
SCOP is licensed to serve Seton patients as well as associates, medical staff, volunteers and their dependents. It is located in the space that was the UMC Brackenridge outpatient pharmacy on the lower level.
|Seton Central Outpatient Pharmacy
|Monday through Friday:
||7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
|Saturday, Sunday, Holidays:
||10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Prescriptions may be submitted to SCOP:
- via phone calls from health care providers at 512-324-7393 or fax by physicians or nurses at 512-324-7366: Submitting RXs early in the day via phone or fax may facilitate the delivery of medications to your inpatient pharmacy site the same day.
- via Seton courier: SCOP couriers will pick up associate and patient prescriptions from, and deliver medications to, Seton’s inpatient pharmacies. If you work, or have a patient at, Dell Children’s, written prescriptions may be dropped off at the hospital's inpatient pharmacy. Medications may be picked up 24 to 48 hours later at the same location with appropriate identification.
- Dell Children’s only:
– Monday through Friday, medications that have been filled by SCOP will be delivered to Dell Children’s at 1:30 p.m. and 5:15 p.m.
– Saturday and Sunday, medications that have been filled by SCOP will be delivered to Dell Children’s at 2:30.
- dropping off prescriptions in person: you or the patient/patient’s family may bring written prescriptions in person to the SCOP pharmacy during hours of operation. UMCB is making two 20-minute parking spaces available at the 2-North Lobby circle drive (doors open 5 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.) for associates and patients/patient’s family dropping off and picking up prescriptions.
- CII prescriptions will only be filled upon receipt of an original triplicate prescription. These can never be faxed.
For Co-pay, SCOP will need payment information (credit card):
- Parents/guardians of Dell Children’s patients will need to phone or fax financial information to the SCOP pharmacy. This includes insurance cards and debit or credit cards for any co-pays.
- Patients receiving charity will need to have the financial counselor fax the Patient’s Financial Summary Form to receive the discounted co-pay.
- Special fund use: if Seton special funds are used to pay for the RXs, the case manager or social worker should note on the RX “Seton special fund.”
- When faxing a patient’s financial information, a cover sheet that includes a call-back number and identifies where the prescription originated must also be completed and faxed to SCOP.
- Just like other retail pharmacies, SCOP is an Express Script participating provider for both our own indigent care contract and their other groups. The patient should present the Express Scripts ID card to the pharmacist to get prescriptions filled.
- Associate must complete the online SCOP Registration Form (PDF).
The SCOP profile form tells the pharmacy about you and your dependents and how you will pay for prescriptions – credit, debit or ADP Health Savings Account. Forward the completed form to the SCOP via confidential fax (512-324-7366) or deliver it in person.
Emergency RXs (patient or associate cannot wait for drugs to be processed and sent from SCOP):
- For clinical situations where immediate treatment is needed or medications are needed to treat acute conditions such as infection or allergic reaction:
– Deliver your written prescription in person during SCOP hours, using the parking spaces available at the 2-North Lobby circle drive (doors open 5 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.),
– Use your retail pharmacy of choice.
NOTE: The 24/7 Walgreens at Capital Plaza (512-452-9451, I-35 at Cameron Road) has agreed to be an auxiliary compounding pharmacy for Dell Children’s and will provide all the compounding needs for our discharged patients at Dell Children’s after SCOP hours. Currently, this Walgreens is not an Express Script participating provider, but work is in progress to add this Walgreens to the list of Express Script participating providers.