We know access to affordable healthcare remains a challenge for many. That’s why we need your help at the next Medical Mission at Home on Saturday, July 29 at Seton Medical Center Williamson. This event is truly our mission in action because we provide free care to the uninsured or underinsured and those that need access to healthcare services.
At our last event in Kyle, we had a larger crowd than expected; we did not have enough providers so we had to turn away many members of the community. This time, we’re anticipating an even larger crowd and the need for adult and pediatric specialists and providers willing to serve in a primary care capacity is even greater. We’re anticipating pediatric sports physicals will be in demand.
Your insurance is covered by Seton and we will be supported by Lone Star Circle of Care and the Williamson County Health District to connect patients to on-going care and permanent medical homes. Keep in mind you don’t have to be a primary care provider to provide primary care. You’ll have a team of nurses and pharmacists alongside you to help provide care.
Who can volunteer?
All physicians, APRNs and PAs with Seton privileges, Ascension Texas associates, community partners and adult family members (18-years-old and older) are invited to volunteer.
Clinical and nonclinical positions are available to offer free medical services, foot washing and spiritual care. We also need bilingual associates.
Volunteers are needed to help set up the day before the event, and during the event.
You’re encouraged to volunteer all day on July 29, but if you can’t, there are shifts available for those who may require shorter commitments.
- Day before: Friday, July 28 | 3 – 7 p.m.
- Day of event: Provider shifts are all day; 8:30 a.m. - 1:30p.m. or 12:30 p.m.- 5:30 p.m.
- General Volunteers (clinical and non-clinical): Shifts range from 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. (check-in for most early shifts is at 7 a.m.)
If you do plan to stay the entire day, please select the “AM” and “PM” shifts that best work for you. The team will do their best to place you in your requested position, but due to the volume of volunteer registrants, they may have to place you in an area with higher needs.
Sign-up by July 17
Deadline to apply is July 17.
- Click here to register for the event at Seton Medical Center Williamson
- Select one of the following:
- Non-exempt (hourly) associate
- Exempt (salaried) associate
- Non-associate (physicians, community partners and family members, 18-years-old and older)
- Include your home ministry. Select Providence if you’re in the Waco area, or Seton, if you’re within the Austin/Round Rock area.
- Include your first and last name
- Enter 111111 as your associate ID number.
- Include the best contact number to reach you
- Include your email to get the latest updates
- Include your department. If you’re signing up for a family member, please type “family member”
- Include your title. Again, if it’s for a family member, please type “family member”
- Include your license. If you don’t have a medical license, please select “other” and type in “none”
- Select your T-shirt size. If you have a shirt from previous Medical Mission at Home events, please bring and use that instead.
- Please state whether you’re bilingual and what language you speak.
- If you’re willing to post to social media during the event, please include your Twitter/Facebook handle.
- You’ll need to review the waiver and agree to the conditions before hitting “register”.
- You’ll receive an email from “Do Not Reply email@example.com” with the subject line “Event Registration – Submitted” as confirmation.
- If you need to cancel your registration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch your peers in action
Ascension Medical Mission at Home is part of our national commitment to reach individuals who are uninsured or underinsured and need access to healthcare services. See the impact of Ascension Medical Mission at Home events in our local community: